A lot of Hope

My husband and I saw The Hunger Games last week. It was well made, but an incredibly disturbing concept. My favorite line from the movie though is when the President is talking to Seneca about the purpose of The Hunger Games and he says,

"Hope is the only thing stronger than fear. A little hope is effective, a lot of hope is dangerous."

I couldn't help but think of this in light of celebrating Easter this weekend. Christ didn't come to give us a little hope, but to cast out fear completely and give us a forever hope. That kind of hope is not only dangerous, it's life altering.

Typically you only hear this poem at Christmas, but the last few stanzas seem so fitting for Easter I just wanted to share them today.

I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day
....

And in despair I bowed my head:
"There is no peace on earth," I said,
"For hate is strong and mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good will to men."

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
"God is not dead, nor doth he sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail,
With peace on earth, good will to men."

Till, ringing singing, on its way,
The world revolved from night to day,
A voice, a chime, a chant sublime,
Of peace on earth, good will to men!

-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

God is not dead nor does He sleep.

Happy Easter and thanks for reading.
-Haley

Comments

Popular Posts