The Locust Effect

Well, we are 1/12 the way through 2014. How's your reading list going? I mentioned my list, I'm working on it. One book down, starting on the next, and I just ordered my copy of The Locust Effect. I am really excited to read this book. It's written by the president of International Justice Mission, Gary Haugen, and it addresses the enormous obstacle that violence poses in the fight against poverty, and what we can do about it.  







"...like a horde of locusts devouring everything in their path, the unchecked plague of violence ruins lives, blocks the road out of poverty, and undercuts development."








They have put together this video; it makes me excited to read the book! I want to bring that light.



All proceeds from this book go to International Justice Mission, and a donor is also donating $20 for every book sold this week (up to $40,000). So besides getting your next great read, you can support the  incredible work of IJM, twice! 

Broncos fans, last night was tough, but today life goes on, and that life is so very hard for many who share this world with us. We don't even know the meaning of the word defeated, believe me. This book is an excellent dose of perspective, one that we all need! 

To read my other posts on IJM go here or here.

Thanks for reading! 
- Haley


Comments

Popular Posts