4th of July Projects

We're getting ready for America's birthday, and I thought I'd just share some projects and ideas for the 4th. Last year we made flag pancakes and bald eagle treats. Here's another patriotic snack or lunch: corn dog bites with (blue) mayo, mustard and ketchup.


My husband and I went out for our biannual movie in the theater the other day and we saw Iron Man 3. After which, we realized we probably should have seen Avengers first...and Captain America. We watched both and now I'm a big Captain America fan. So, I decided to make Thing One and Thing Two Captain America tees for the 4th. Here's Thing Two's and I'll be racing to get Thing One's done before Thursday. I used my silhouette, freezer paper, and fabric paint. The red turned out a little dark, but I'm calling it "vintage." I gave Thing One the option to just wear a different shirt, (because hey that's less work for me!), but he begged me to make one for him too, because he said then they would match and I would think that is cute. [He's right, I will : )]


I've been meaning to make a bandana table cloth for a while, so finally made one. I wanted something patriotic to bring to the picnic, because we always bring a card table for the food. 


It's just four bandanas sewn together. I probably should have ironed it better before the picture, but you get the idea. It will be covered with yummy food anyway!


Our garden is in full bloom, and it's fun to be able to pick a red white and blue arrangement right from the backyard. This one's from last year, and it was mint with red dianthus, blue cornflower (or bachelor buttons), and white cosmos. This year's will probably be red roses and dianthus, light blue delphinium, and white cilantro blossoms. 


Have a very happy 4th of July! I'm so thankful to live in the Land of the Free, because of the brave. Thank you men and women who have served with honor, and families who have sacrificed and taken on more to allow them to do so. You are all heros, and I am truly grateful.
God Bless America!

Looking for more 4th of July ideas? Here's some fun from last year:


Comments

Popular Posts