Teacher Appreciation

Since school is finishing up everywhere in the next few weeks I thought I'd share a couple of teacher appreciation gifts I made. This weekend we celebrated a teacher who has meant the world to many, many students over 27 years. I made a lot of the decorations for the party. I wanted her to have a few things she could keep, so I made these wooden signs. Here's a little rundown of I how I made them.

I picked up the wood at Hobby lobby in the art area (with the balsa wood and dowels and stuff). Then I spray painted them, and went to work with the Silhouette. This is the kind of project I envisioned when I was lusting after this machine. I used vinyl for both signs but in different ways. For the first one I just cut the words, peeled off the outside part and used transfer paper to position it on the board.  The quotes were stickers and the flowers I cut out of scrapbook paper using one the free shapes of the week (hydrangea petals). I stick them together with a mini brad and attached them to the board with glue dots. 


The second sign I wanted to look like a chalk board. I sprayed it black and then cut out vinyl words to use as a stencil. I painted the words white, but they did bleed under the vinyl a little.


So I used a black Sharpie to touch up the edges and give me nice clear letters, with a tiny bit of chalk-like texture.


She is a Math teacher so this was a great way to show how much we appreciate her.



Thanks Ms. N. There really is no equal.

Thanks for reading.
-Haley


Comments

Popular Posts