One Year

This weekend marks one year since I started blogging. If I'm totally honest I'll admit that I have a love-hate relationship with blogging. Amidst everything else I have going right now, it's hard to find time to take pictures, upload pictures, and write content. I have to make myself stay up late or sacrifice something else to have time to write. No one makes me blog and no one pays me to blog, it a choice that I make every time I publish something. So why do I do it? 


There's a lot that I really do love. Sometimes I'm proud of how a picture or a particular post turned out, and it feels like I accomplished something. If you are a mom of young kids you might agree that keeping kids changed and fed doesn't always feel like the accomplishment that it is. I guess along side that I like having this more tangible record of my time.


I love sharing ideas and hearing from other moms, bloggers, recipe lovers and crafters. I love that I now have a record of what we did.


As a stay-at-home mom sometimes I don't know where the time goes. Days blur together; at the end of the week sometimes it's hard to say if we accomplished anything, or just survived. I feel like this blog is my proof that we are more than surviving.


 If I couldn't look back over these posts I wouldn't necessarily remember that we did these fun crafts, experiments, and activities.


Finally, it is my hope that sometimes what I post here is an encouragement to you who are reading. An encouragement to keep being a great mom (which you probably are), to try something new, to get messy, to have fun, and to know that you are so loved, no matter what.


"Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal comfort and a wonderful hope, comfort you and strengthen you in every good thing you do and say."
- II Thesssalonians 2:16-17

Thank you for reading, and if you've ever left a comment, for your encouragement. It's been an exciting year, and I will continue to blog with anticipation of good things to come. : )

- Haley

Comments

Popular Posts