Red, White & Blue Salad

I can not believe 4th of July is next week. Where is the summer going? We are burning up here, both figuratively and literally. If you've been watching the news you know that we have had five days in a row over 100º (like 106º!!) and half our state is on fire. We are praying for rain, and for the thousands of firefighters battling the blazes and we're mostly staying inside out of the heat and sometimes smoke. 

I had five popsicles yesterday and did not feel like cooking anything that requires heat. I'm thankful that our garden is starting to offer up some produce and that means easy salads. Our favorite salad is usually a sweet one (meaning fruit toppings rather than veggies), so in light of the 4th I thought I'd share this red, white and blue salad we made this week. 


Red, White & Blue Salad:

sliced sweet cherries
blueberries
chopped pears
feta cheese
chopped or halved pecans or sliced almonds
mixed lettuce greens
poppyseed dressing or raspberry vinaigrette 

You could of course add chicken if you wanted to make it more of a meal. 


Keep Calm and Don't Play with Matches.

Thanks for reading.
-Haley

P.S. Our town has a 4th of July picnic contest every year and I'm brainstorming our entry for this year, so I'm hoping to share more 4th of July projects with you next week.  : )


Comments

Popular Posts