Easy as {cream} Pie

It has been hot here. It was 100º yesterday, and that is no-bake weather in my book. For Father's day I brought the dessert and I decided to go with a couple of cool cream pies: white chocolate mocha, and s'mores. If you are looking for a crowd-pleasing, 5-minute, no-bake dessert; this is it. 

For the white chocolate mocha: I used a chocolate graham cracker crust and then I swirled some magic shell around the bottom. Put it in the freezer for a few minutes and it will form a solid chocolate layer. This is my cheater method because then I don't have to melt chocolate. Man, you can be lazy these days. 


Then I mixed up two packages of white chocolate instant pudding using 3 1/4 cups of milk and 1/4 cup of coffee concentrate, made using the toddy maker (which you can read about here if you missed it). I let it set up in the fridge and then poured it into the crust, but you can just let it set up in the crust if you want.


Finally, I topped it off with a tub of whipped cream and chopped dark chocolate-covered coffee beans. What is not to love about this pie? Just looking at this makes me really want a piece. I guess I should say another piece...


For the S'mores pie I used a short bread crust (because that's what I had on hand, even though, obviously a graham cracker crust would be even more fitting) filled with chocolate pudding.


Then topped it with mini marshmallows and chopped graham cracker and chocolate bar pieces. I didn't think of this until later, but it would have been fun to torch the top a little and melt the marshmallows. I don't have one of those tiny kitchen flame throwers or I probably would have done that. 


As an extra cool-desserts-for-hot-weather note: I turned some of the chocolate coconut dip into little popsicles today. Wow is that good. I immediately ate two. Thing One started asking for them at 8:30 this morning. It was already 82º. I plan to eat at least two tomorrow, and I don't even feel guilty about that...they're good for you! Have another one, it's hot! Hope you are staying cool. 

Thanks for reading!
- Haley

Comments

  1. Oh my! This looks awesome! Great summer dessert! Thanks for sharing on Saturday Show & Tell at Cheerios and Lattes last weekend! We love having you join us and hope to see you again this weekend! See you soon!
    Mackenzie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been featured on Saturday Show and Tell on Cheerios and Lattes. Have a great weekend!
    -Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted after review

Popular Posts