Chocolate Popcorn

Have you ever had Moose Munch? You know, the chocolate covered popcorn from Harry and David's? It's SO good. But again, I'm not willing to part with $40 for said popcorn. So, this last Christmas I started experimenting with popcorn and chocolate. And I came up with some pretty delicious results. I thought you might like to try this Valentines version.

For one smallish batch I used one bag of plain microwave popcorn (not buttery). Then I turned to my good friend, Almond Bark. If you stick around for any length of time you'll get to know him pretty well. We're very close. To give this a Valentine's look I used pink food coloring, pink and purple fruit loops, red M&M's and some hearts sprinkles. If you have a toddler you need to keep busy, then you won't have to pick out all the red and purple fruit loops yourself. : )
I microwaved 4 blocks of the white almond bark, stirring every 30 seconds after the first minute. Almond bark, like most chocolate, will hold it's shape even when it's melted so you have to "be sure to stir,"or you'll end up with sad burnt chocolate, and there's no way to fix that. Once it's melted stir in a little pink food gel or red food coloring. Then pour it over the popcorn and cereal and gently stir to coat.
Spread it out on a foil lined cookie sheet.
Melt two more blocks of almond bark and drizzle that over the top. Sprinkle on any other toppings (like M&M's and sprinkles), and let it cool and harden.
Then break into pieces and enjoy your gourmet popcorn or give it to someone you love. I mean it is worth $40...
Thanks for reading.
-Haley

Comments

Popular Posts